You want to join a program
of Sup de Pub ?
You wish to have more information
on a program?
You want to start your own business through e-commerce or plan to become professional in the field? Discover the options available to train you through these few lines.
What is e-commerce?
The term e-commerce or electronic commerce covers transactions carried out remotely via the Internet. As the name suggests, this is a business practice. Depending on the case, it concerns an exchange of goods or services. Knowing that the Internet is a vast network, there are many opportunities to engage in e-commerce, including :
- by creating your own website;
- by creating a page or by publishing directly on a specialized site;
- by launching a mobile application;
- by carrying out transactions via social networks.
E-commerce lends itself to all types of trade, which means that goods and services can be provided to individuals, businesses and professionals. An e-commerce site is directly linked to a payment platform to facilitate transactions. The payment can be made by bank transfer, by online payment methods (Paypal or Amazon Pay) and sometimes by virtual currency.
It should be noted that an e-commerce site can offer its own products or opt for dropshipping. In the second case, he acts as an intermediary between the supplier and the customer.
Why do an e-commerce training?
Training in e-commerce has many advantages, whether to start your own business or to join a company specialized in the field. The trainings aim at different objectives, namely :
- help you master the techniques and tools necessary to develop a business. Digital marketing relies on search engine optimization (natural and paid) in order to be favorably positioned on search engines. Working in the field of e-commerce also requires a basic knowledge of community management in order to animate and build loyalty among an audience. It is equally necessary to use the monitoring tools.
- Train you to create and manage an e-commerce website through the use of a CMS (WordPress, Shopify or Prestashop). Each of them has its own operating principle.
- Familiarize yourself with the regulatory framework governing an e-commerce platform. As a company, the site must be registered with the RCS, have a name and a registered office. All terms and conditions of sale and withdrawal of the customer must also be brought to his attention.
Know thata training in e-commerce gives you access to many employment opportunities, with diversified positions. In addition to the basic knowledge, the training can help you develop your own personal qualities.
How to get trained in e-commerce?
The training in e-commerce are offered within the major schools. They are accessible at all levels, from high school to 4 years of higher education, with a view to obtaining a BTS, a license or a Master’s degree. The program can be spread over one or more years.
To train, you have the choice of following a continuous course of study in the classroom, online or through a work-study program. However, some platforms offer short-cycle certification courses.
Various courses of study allow you to train in e-commerce, even if the basics remain digital marketing and sales management. Among the courses available, there are courses in :
- trade and distribution ;
- E-merchandising ;
- UX and UI Design;
What are the jobs in e-commerce?
As mentioned before, you can work on your own by creating your own e-commerce site or join companies of different sizes. Available positions include:
- Web marketing manager or e-commerce manager: he/she is in charge of the overall management of the site and elaborates development strategies to increase sales and build customer loyalty. He is also in charge of the follow-up;
- brand content manager, whose role is similar to the creation of content for the site. It can be videos, images or product sheets;
- Product manager : this position is essential in any commercial company. His role is to find and negotiate with suppliers and to develop the offers on the e-commerce site.
The jobs in e-commerce can also touch more technical points outside the purely commercial framework. As such, you can apply for a position as a web designer, web developer, community manager or operate as an SEO consultant.
How does Sup de Pub train for e-commerce jobs?
Sup de Pub offers different training courses allowing you to familiarize yourself with e-commerce. Two main paths are open to students wishing to develop in this field, namely:
- digital marketing and business ;
- digital management and e-commerce.
The first training course leads to a Bac+4 diploma, accessible to holders of a Bac+3. The second one gives you a Bac+5 degree, open to students who have previously completed their Bac+4, with an English language certificate.
- UX Design training (definition, opportunities, training content…)
- Why live in Paris while studying ?
- Why live in Bordeaux during your studies ?
- Why live in Lyon during your studies?
- What are the different post-bac courses ?
- What is an rncp title in communication school ?
- Everything you need to know about social networking training
- What is Data Marketing ?
- The digital marketing professions
- Digital marketing training
- What is a Bachelor ?
- Bachelor’s degree in alternation, principles and advantages
- Bachelor marketing and communication, training and jobs
- Bachelor’s degree in event management and communication, studies and professional opportunities
- Certification training, definition and benefits
- Which training to become a data analyst?
- Ranking of communication schools, instructions for use Sup de Pub